BBB National Programs is seeking an accounting professional interested in career growth and in supporting organizational growth. The Senior Accountant will support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Department with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and certain payroll processes. The ideal candidate will be organized, self-motivated, ready to learn, and ready to be a proactive part of a dynamic team.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Ensure invoices and related expenses are processed in accordance with company policies and observance of required deadlines
- Communicate and work with vendors to address issues and ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Prepare reconciliations (bank reconciliations, corporate credit card, general ledger accounts, etc.)
- Process and record cash deposits daily
- Identify, communicate and assist with various collections issues
- Assist with the reconciliation of customer balances
- Assist with processing of payroll and related benefits payments
- Assist in annual audit as needed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (accounting, finance) and a minimum of 2 or more years of experience
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently without close supervision, identify and solve problems
- Ability to work under time constraints and be available as needed
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Apply for this position
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
BBB National Programs is a nonprofit organization where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust, and consumers are heard. BBB National Programs is where companies, industry experts, and trade associations work together within a self-regulatory environment to address issues of national and global importance, and to foster industry best practices in truth-in-advertising, child-directed marketing, data privacy, and dispute resolution.
At BBB National Programs, we understand that cultivating a great team is critical to advancing our mission to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Our staff is made up of talented, diverse, and highly-motivated professionals who continually seek out new challenges and opportunities to catalyze progress. Our workplace is an inclusive and dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work that they do.
BBB National Programs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.