Media Advisory: Media Visionary Tom Rogers, Deputy Attorney General of the U.S. Jeffrey A. Rosen, and FTC Commissioner Christine Wilson to Keynote NAD 2020 Annual Conference
703-247-9330 / email@example.com
New York, NY – September 9, 2020 – On the eve of its 50th anniversary, the National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs will host the NAD 2020 Annual Conference, which this year will be a virtual event over the course of three days – Monday, October 5 through Wednesday, October 7.
The NAD Annual Conference convenes experts from the advertising and legal industries, and companies of all sizes, as well as government officials and regulators to discuss the day-to-day issues that arise when advertising in an increasingly competitive environment and navigating emerging issues and fast-paced technological innovation.
Participants share practical advice, parse recent developments in advertising law, discuss Federal Trade Commission (FTC) priorities, identify best practices, and break down the cases that made headlines in 2020. Members of the media are invited to cover NAD 2020 via Zoom with complimentary registration.
- Tom Rogers, Executive Chairman, Engine Media and Founder of CNBC
- Jeffrey A. Rosen, Deputy Attorney General of the United States
- Hon. Christine S. Wilson, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Speakers & Panelists
- Lesley A. Fair, Senior Attorney, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Jessie Grodstein Kennedy, Director, Corporate Counsel, Starbucks
- Bonnie Patten, Executive Director, Truth in Advertising
- Jeffrey E. Smith, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
- Ted Suzuki, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, AT&T Services
- Limor Robinson Mann, Chief Oral Care Marketing Counsel, Global Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Shannon Watkins, Senior VP, Brand Strategy, Advertising, Media, Sponsorships and Creative Services, Aflac
A full list of speakers is available here.
WHAT: National Advertising Division (NAD) 2020 Annual Conference
WHEN: Monday, October 5 – Wednesday, October 7
10:30 or 11:00 AM – 2:00 or 3:00 PM ET (varies slightly each day)
WHERE: Virtual (Zoom sessions)
A full event agenda is available here.
RSVP: Credentialed members of the media are invited to attend with complimentary registration. To register and for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the conversation on social media using #NAD2020.
About BBB National Programs: BBB National Programs is where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust and consumers are heard. The non-profit organization creates a fairer playing field for businesses and a better experience for consumers through the development and delivery of effective third-party accountability and dispute resolution programs. Embracing its role as an independent organization since the restructuring of the Council of Better Business Bureaus in June 2019, BBB National Programs today oversees more than a dozen leading national industry self-regulation programs, and continues to evolve its work and grow its impact by providing business guidance and fostering best practices in arenas such as advertising, child-directed marketing, and privacy. To learn more, visit bbbprograms.org.
BBB National Programs Announces 85 Distinguished Members of 2021 National Advertising Review Board Panel
BBB National Programs Board of Directors Elects Three New Members
BBB National Programs Partners with Facebook to Strengthen Truth-in-Advertising Enforcement on the Social Network's U.S. Platform
New York, NY – December 2, 2020 – Taking an important step to advance the effectiveness of its quick and efficient self-regulatory programs, BBB National Programs today announced a new National Advertising Division (NAD) partnership with Facebook.