Standard Track challenges are broad and open to all national advertising claim in any media.
Procedures set default timelines for submissions in which cases should conclude within four-six months. See the process infographic.
Initiating a Case
Standard Track challenges must be submitted via the NAD Challenge Portal. Standard Track submissions are limited to 20 pages and commence with an opening letter. For more information, refer to the NAD/NARB procedures.
The opening letter should:
- List the claims challenged
- Explain why the claims are misleading
- Attach any available evidence that demonstrates the claims are misleading including testing, studies, research or surveys
- Link to the challenged advertising or provide copies if advertising not available digitally
Standard Track Filing Fees (effective January 11, 2021)
- Annual Revenue Under $250M: $8,000
- Annual Revenue Under $5B: $28,000
- Annual Revenue Over $5B: $36,000
- Annual Revenue Under $250M: $10,000
- Annual Revenue Under $5B: $35,000
- Annual Revenue Over $5B: $45,000
The filing fees should be accompanied by a statement indicating the category into which the challenger’s gross annual revenue falls. In the case of a subsidiary, the filing fee is determined by the gross annual revenue of the parent company.