Kentucky Lemon Law Summary
The Kentucky lemon law applies to a motor vehicle that:
- Is intended primarily for use and operation on the public highways;
- Is required to be registered or licensed in Kentucky prior to such use or operation;
- Has been finally and completely assembled and is in the possession of a manufacturer, factory branch, distributor, wholesaler, or an authorized motor vehicle dealer; and
- Is in fact new and on which the original title has not previously been issued;
The lemon law does not cover motor homes, motorcycles, mopeds, vehicles with more than 2 axles, farm tractors and other farm machines, and vehicles substantially altered after the initial sale from a dealer to an individual.
A “new motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle that:
- Has been finally and completely assembled;
- Is in the possession of a manufacturer, factory branch, distributor, or authorized dealer; and
- Is in fact new and on which the original title has never been issued.
Full KY Lemon Law summary | More KY Lemon Law info
File a Complaint
Are you having problems with your auto warranty? Let BBB AUTO LINE help you resolve your warranty dispute without a lawyer for free.
Please gather the following information: