Pennsylvania Lemon Law Summary
The following is a brief explanation of most relevant provisions of the Pennsylvania lemon law. The complete text of the lemon law can be found at 73 Pa. Cons. Stat. section 1951 et seq.
Pennsylvania lemon law covers a “new motor vehicle”, defined as a new and unused self-propelled motorized vehicle that:
- Is driven upon public roads, streets or highways;
- Is designed to transport not more than 15 persons;
- Was (a) purchased in Pennsylvania, (b) leased in Pennsylvania on or after February 11, 2002, or (c) purchased or leased elsewhere on or after December 1, 2002 and registered for the first time in Pennsylvania;
- Is registered in Pennsylvania; and
- Is utilized, leased or bought for use primarily for personal, family or household purposes.
This includes a demonstrator or dealer car, but does not include a motorcycle, motor home or off-road vehicle.
Manufacturers participating in this state:
Are you having problems with your auto warranty? Let BBB AUTO LINE help you resolve your warranty dispute without a lawyer for free.
Please gather the following information: