Kia HECU Class Action
BBB National Programs is a non-profit organization providing independent and impartial dispute resolution services to resolve disputes between a business and its customers.
Kia America, Inc. (“Kia”) has agreed to participate in an arbitration process administered by BBB National Programs to resolve certain disputes arising under the warranty extension provided and to resolve appeals from claims denied by the Settlement Administrator as provided by the class action settlement in the following cases:
- Zakikhani et al. v. Hyundai Motor Company et al., No. 8:20-cv-01584-SB-JDE (C.D. Cal.)
- Evans, et al. v. Hyundai Motor Company, et al., No 8:22-cv-00300 (C.D. Cal)
- Pluskowski, et al. v. Hyundai Motor Company, et al., No. 8:22-cv-00824 (“HECU Class Action Settlement”).
You can find more information about the class action and settlement agreement at the following link:
Kia HECU Settlement - Home
Arbitration in this program is available only to claimants who have a dispute with Kia concerning coverage under the Anti-Lock Brake System (“ABS”) control modules extended warranty provided under the terms of the class action settlement and/or claimants who are appealing a claim denial under the terms of the class action settlement. The arbitrator’s decision is final and binding on both parties.
The following vehicles are covered under this class action:
- Kia Cadenza vehicles (model years 2017, 2018, and 2019),
- Kia K900 vehicles (model years 2016, 2017, and 2018),
- Kia Optima vehicles (model years 2013, 2014, and 2015),
- Kia Sedona vehicles (model years 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010),
- Kia Sorento vehicles (model years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014, and 2015),
- Kia Sportage vehicles (model years 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021), and
- Kia Stinger vehicles (model years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021).
Arbitration Request Form – Extended Warranty CoverageRequest arbitration to resolve a dispute with Kia concerning coverage under the ABS extended warranty provided by the class action settlement agreement. This program is for a consumer that is seeking warranty coverage for repairs to their ABS system. The arbitrators decision is final and binding on both parties. To start your repair claim please select “Seeking engine repairs Kia HECU Class Action” from the drop down menu. Request Arbitration
Arbitration Request Form – Denied Settlement ClaimsAppeal a decision made by the settlement administrator if you submitted a claim for repair reimbursement, compensation, or other benefits provided by the class action settlement agreement. This program is for consumers who have already submitted a claim to the settlement administrator and disagree with the settlement administrator’s decision. The arbitrators decision is final and binding on both parties. To start your appeal claim please select “Seeking reimbursement Kia HECU Class Action” from the drop down menu. Request Arbitration
If you would like to arbitrate your dispute against Kia, please call BBB National Programs at