PLEASE NOTE: Los Angeles County has declared a public health emergency related to the spread of the coronavirus. In light of this new development, we have made the unfortunate but thoughtful decision to reschedule PrivacyCollective for a date in early June at the same location in Los Angeles. We will confirm the new date for the event by the end of this week and will automatically roll over existing registrations to the rescheduled conference.
PrivacyCollective is a highly interactive, invite-only event hosted by privacy experts from BBB National Programs for privacy and data security experts.
Following an introductory keynote conversation with Ruby Zefo, Chief Privacy Officer at Uber,
and Justin Antonipillai, Founder and CEO of WireWheel, the event will feature three roundtable sessions for attendees to meet, share ideas, and collaborate. In a Chatham House Rule setting, attendees will have a safe environment to openly discuss their privacy challenges, how they meet them, and possible solutions to a range of issues such as:
- Verifying identity (DSARs and age gates)
- Preparing for data subject access requests
- The nexus of law enforcement and commerce
- CCPA, GDPR, and state laws such as New York’s security breach law
- What does “reasonable” security look like today
- What emerging issues keep you up at night
Attendees will return to their organizations with:
- A better understanding of the privacy landscape
- Knowledge that they are not alone in the challenges they are facing
- Possible solutions to privacy challenges
“Ammunition” to build internal support and advance privacy initiatives
These takeaways should aid in helping organizations better calculate the investments they need to make in the privacy and security spaces.
The day will conclude with a networking happy hour event.