BBB National Programs Archive
ERSP refers Advertising For Dr. Miller’s Minute White Professional Strength Tooth Whitening System To FTC
New York, NY – March 19, 2009 – The Electronic Retailing Self-Regulation Program (ERSP) will refer direct response advertising by Premier Partners, marketer of the Dr. Millner’s Minute White Professional Strength Tooth Whitening System, to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) following the marketer’s failure to participate in an ERSP inquiry. The marketer’s advertising came to ERSP’s attention pursuant to its ongoing monitoring efforts.
ERSP, the electronic direct-response industry’s self-regulatory forum, is administered by the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB) with policy oversight by the National Advertising Review Council (NARC)
Claims at issue in the initial inquiry included:
- • “The most powerful home tooth whitener available”
- • “… keep your teeth their whitest, forever.”
- • “In studies, he has found that at-home treatments outperform all tested in-office products”
- • “…The first ever professional strength tooth whitener now available for home use and without an expensive trip to the dentist”
- • “…only needs to be applied for minutes a session and is simply the most convenient and cost effective way to whiten and brighten your teeth today without a trip to the dentist”
- • “Nothing has gotten my teeth whiter faster than Minute White!”
The marketer did not offer a substantive response to ERSP’s original inquiry within
15 calendar days, as set forth in the ERSP Procedures. The marketer was afforded a second ten-day period in which to submit a substantive response. The marketer again did not submit a written response to the inquiry and pursuant to section 2.6 (B) of the ERSP Policies and Procedures, this matter has been referred to the FTC.