BBB National Programs Archive
Ultra Max Health Says it Will Permanently Discontinue Claims for Max Synapse Supplements Following NAD Inquiry
New York, NY – Feb. 1, 2018 – UltraMax Health, Inc. the maker of Max Synapse dietary supplements, said the company has elected to voluntarily, permanently discontinue advertising claims for Max Synapse dietary supplements, following an inquiry by the National Advertising Division.
The advertising at issue was challenged before NAD by the Council for Responsible Nutrition. NAD is an investigative unit of the advertising industry’s system of self-regulation and is administered by the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
The advertiser advised NAD in writing that, instead of submitting substantiating evidence, it had elected to permanently discontinue the challenged claims and that the product was no longer being sold. Challenged claims included:
- “May help support:
- Increased short term memory
- Drastically increase long term memory
- Improves your energy levels
- Increase concentration
- Continually increased brain performance
- Focus with laser precision
- Clearer mental vision”
- “MEMORY LOSS: The ingredients in Max Synapse have been proven to increase memory recall in men and women of just about all ages. Men and women in their early twenties to late thirties noticed significant increases in their short-term memory recall and some increases in
- LOW ENERGY LEVELS: Max Synapse’s advanced formula is built to give you a boost of energy as soon as you take it and keep you alert and focused throughout the day. The days of the 3 o’clock crash are over as soon as you take the Max Synapse experience! You will remain energized and focused until the moment you close your eyes for bed.”
- “…It’s one of a kind formula was engineered to ensure your brain gets all of the ingredients and vitamins it needs in the exact dosage it needs it to improve all areas of cognitive growth, including focus, energy, short and long-term memory, problem-solving capabilities and much more.”
- “…the #1 natural cognitive enhancer that is guaranteed to noticeably improve your focus and memory within the first week as well as increase your energy levels and get rid of that feeling of mental fatigue forever!”
- “100% natural and with no negative side effects.”
NAD noted in its decision that, in reliance on the advertiser’s representation that the claims have been permanently discontinued, it did not review the claims on their merits.
The voluntarily discontinued claims will be treated, for compliance purposes, as though NAD recommended their discontinuance and the advertiser agreed to comply.
The company, in its advertiser’s statement, said that “Ultra Max stands behind its advertising claims, but in the spirit of supporting self-regulation, we accept NAD’s decision and represent that the advertising at issue has been voluntarily, permanently discontinued.”
Note: A recommendation by NAD to modify or discontinue a claim is not a finding of wrongdoing and an advertiser’s voluntary discontinuance or modification of claims should not be construed as an admission of impropriety. It is the policy of NAD not to endorse any company, product, or service. Decisions finding that advertising claims have been substantiated should not be construed as endorsements.