Digital Media Manager - McLean, VA or New York, NY
WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering a more accountable and trustworthy marketplace. As the foremost thought leader on industry self-regulation, we are shaping the way that businesses and consumers interact with one another. We are the home to more than a dozen self-regulation programs that set high standards for businesses and provide third-party accountability and dispute resolution services that help ensure a fair marketplace for consumers. BBB National Programs has worked with industry leaders and government regulatory agencies since 1971 to establish the standards that guide best practices in advertising, privacy, children’s and teen’s marketing, consumer warranty issues, and dispute resolution.
ABOUT THE MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Department at BBB National Programs plays a vital role in supporting the organization’s operations and mission. MarCom is an agile, agency-like team responsible for the cohesive communication and promotion to external audiences of BBB National Programs and its more than a dozen self-regulatory, accountability, and dispute resolution programs.
The digital realm is constantly evolving, so the ability – and drive – to continually learn new things and readily adapt to change is essential. As the Digital Media Manager, you will oversee and strategically grow the organization’s digital media efforts, including social media, email marketing, digital ads, and video/YouTube, as well as certain areas of the BBB National Programs public website. You will expand the BBB National Programs brand and grow our audience and areas of influence while helping develop and cultivate the brand narrative.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Lead the social media function for BBB National Programs and its programs, supporting our corporate brand and building our social media profiles and presence.
- Create and curate shareable content, managing that content on an organized editorial calendar, and determining the best platform for its distribution (email marketing/HubSpot, YouTube, etc.).
- Drive paid and organic marketplace and industry-related digital campaigns from design through implementation and analysis, working with integral departments and vendors to achieve those goals.
- Maintain brand consistency across platforms; monitor analytics and SEO; manage the digital budget; and foster relevant vendor relationships.
- Monitor market and industry trends, the competitive landscape, new technology, and the cultural environment to inform our outreach strategy.
- Analyze social data across the organization including key performance metrics, analytics, and trends.
- Provide insights and analysis for developing social media components for new business initiatives, program expansion, and/or partnerships.
- Serve as social media subject matter expert for both internal and external audiences working with program leaders to create thought leadership opportunities within the business, industry, and regulation topic areas.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers, partners, and the media in the social arena
- Attend business and industry events to engage and participate in relevant topic areas to increase brand awareness and thought leadership.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree
- 4+ years job-related experience.
- Proven ability to grow audience, influence, and engagement through social media
- Strong experience developing and managing successful social media program
- Strong writing skills both in traditional and social platforms
- Strong experience with marketing project and campaign management, including data analysis, interpretation, design and implementation and report writing
- Experience managing external design, media, and content vendors
- Experience with SEO and online marketing
- Experience with paid social
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Highly creative problem solver with focus on results
- Comfortable leading and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to think conceptually and analytically
Let us know if you have:
- Fortune 500 or advertising agency experience
- Brand Management/Brand Marketing experience
- Understanding of privacy and behavioral advertising best practices
WHAT WE OFFER:
At BBB National Programs, we bring a growth mindset as we advance our mission and strive to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Cultivating a team of talented and engaged professionals who seek out new challenges and opportunities catalyze our progress. We are an inclusive organization, bringing a dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work we do.
Health & Welfare Benefits: You will be offered a comprehensive plan offering health, dental and vision plans. paid short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Financial Well-Being: Build your retirement savings with our 401k plan matching up to 5% of your contributions.
Time Off: You will have flexibility for the time you need off from work. We offer a variety of plans including vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Wellness: We promote physical and mental wellness by providing a fully equipped on-site fitness center in our offices and an employee assistance program.
Due to safety concerns resulting from the pandemic, we have shifted to a remote work model. In the future, however, this position will require flexibility to travel as required for conferences and other events.
BBB National Programs is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
Apply for this position
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
BBB National Programs is a nonprofit organization where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust, and consumers are heard. BBB National Programs is where companies, industry experts, and trade associations work together within a self-regulatory environment to address issues of national and global importance, and to foster industry best practices in truth-in-advertising, child-directed marketing, data privacy, and dispute resolution.
At BBB National Programs, we understand that cultivating a great team is critical to advancing our mission to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Our staff is made up of talented, diverse, and highly-motivated professionals who continually seek out new challenges and opportunities to catalyze progress. Our workplace is an inclusive and dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work that they do.
BBB National Programs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.