BBB National Programs
Operations Director, Privacy Initiatives
Based in our Northern Virginia headquarters offices, the Operations Director, Privacy Initiatives is an experienced operations leader reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Privacy Initiatives. The Operations Director, Privacy Initiatives helps lead all current and emerging data privacy programs, working with program directors to evaluate, innovate, and efficiently manage our programs and resources. Must have strong business and financial acumen; superior project management skills; excellent writing, advocacy, and public speaking skills; an in-depth knowledge of data privacy; and proficiency with website/mobile/IoT technology. Privacy Initiatives is comprised of several of our leading programs.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- In conjunction with program leads, develops and monitors key performance indicators to ensure high quality, timely programmatic performance at a financially self-sustainable level.
- Develop and execute on program policies; maintain schedules for deliverables and events; monitor progress and aid in overcoming obstacles to timely completion.
- Develop and maintain active liaison with relevant state and federal government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and international policy organizations engaged in data privacy law.
- Take a senior role in the planning of thought leadership, conferences, and events.
- Work with other BBB National Programs leaders to raise awareness of multiple privacy initiatives.
- Train and mentor colleagues.
- Oversee comprehensive records system.
- Collaborate with corporate departments on financial, marketing/communications, human resources, technology and legal matters.
- Management, budget and cost center responsibility.
- 10+ years of experience required
- Experience at a major corporation, Big4 accounting, major consulting, or relevant government agency preferred
- CIPP and/or PMP certification preferred
- Knowledge of global privacy regulations helpful
- MBA, JD, or other advanced degree preferred.
- Superior client relationship management and consulting skills
- Ability to quickly foster strong, effective, and trusted relationships with internal business partners
- Demonstrated project management skills to deliver initiatives in an organized and efficient manner
- Ability to interpret financial data and develop budgets
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Executive presence
- Business and financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Comfortable leading and working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relevant Office 365 skills and other similar skills
Apply for this position
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
BBB National Programs is a nonprofit organization where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust, and consumers are heard. BBB National Programs is where companies, industry experts, and trade associations work together within a self-regulatory environment to address issues of national and global importance, and to foster industry best practices in truth-in-advertising, child-directed marketing, data privacy, and dispute resolution.
At BBB National Programs, we understand that cultivating a great team is critical to advancing our mission to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Our staff is made up of talented, diverse, and highly-motivated professionals who continually seek out new challenges and opportunities to catalyze progress. Our workplace is an inclusive and dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work that they do.
BBB National Programs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.