This position will provide support to the Vice President and staff attorneys on the day-to-day operations of CARU and have an opportunity to learn about CARU’s COPPA Safe Harbor program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in maintaining and updating CARU project schedule
- Assist with writing blog and other social media projects
- Maintain and update CARU contact list
- Work with staff on content for quarterly newsletter; oversee distribution
- Assist staff with necessary research and proofreading for cases, whitepapers, etc.
- Track legislative and regulatory developments and update the department as necessary
- Assist staff with monitoring and scanning of safe harbor members’ websites, mobile apps, and IoT products
- Work with staff on advertising pre-screens
- Research marketplace for monitoring tools
- Support staff in the general day-to-day operation of the program
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3 years applicable professional work experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and the Internet
- Familiarity with SharePoint a plus
- Familiarity with mobile storefront platforms (App store and GooglePlay in particular)
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to hr@BBBNP.org with job title in the subject line.
BBB National Programs fosters trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace through the development and delivery of cost-effective third-party self-regulation, dispute resolution and other programs. These programs were formerly administered by the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. To learn more about industry self-regulation, please visit: BBBNP.org.
ABOUT THE CHILDREN’S ADVERTISING REVIEW UNIT (CARU)
Established in 1974, CARU is an investigative unit of the advertising industry’s system of self-regulation, with essentially two missions: (1) to protect children from deceptive or inappropriate advertising in all media, and; (2) to ensure that, in an online environment, children’s data is collected and handled in a responsible manner. CARU works with companies to ensure their advertising and data collection practices comply with all relevant laws and CARU’s self-regulatory guidelines, which take into account the uniquely impressionable and vulnerable child audience. CARU’S COPPA Safe Harbor program, the first FTC-approved program in 2000. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with companies that are making some of the most creative and innovative products on the market, many of which are directed to children.