The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the Organization, including production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller will report to the CFO and assist with cash management and risk management.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures that ensure timely financial reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Interface with outside audit firm, banks and credit card companies, etc.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including effective oversight of the accounting staff to achieve the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary organizations
Transaction Processing and Reporting
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded timely and accurately
- Maintain proper control over cash
- Prepare and/or review account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Develop, improve and issue timely and complete financial statements
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Engage with budget managers on a monthly basis to stay abreast of emerging activities and to ensure budget managers have a firm grasp of their budgets
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Ensure that the organization is effectively monitoring debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Ensure that the organization is complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations required
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Experience as an accounting supervisor
- Proficient with accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management; Controller must use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication for staff and Board of Directors
- Strong analytical skills; ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Sit 80% of workday
- Stand 20% of workday
- Use computer, phone/headset, and other office equipment
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to hr@BBBNP.org with job title in the subject line.