Current openings are listed below. Click on the job title for more information and to apply.
Director, Marketing - McLean, VA
WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering a more accountable and trustworthy marketplace. As the foremost thought leader on industry self-regulation, we are shaping the way that businesses and consumers interact with one another. We are the home to more than a dozen self-regulation programs that set high standards for businesses and provide third-party accountability and dispute resolution services that help ensure a fair marketplace for consumers. BBB National Programs has worked with industry leaders and government regulatory agencies since 1971 to establish the standards that guide best practices in advertising, privacy, children’s and teen’s marketing, consumer warranty issues, and dispute resolution.
ABOUT THE MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Department at BBB National Programs plays a vital role in supporting the organization’s operations and mission. MarCom is an agile, agency-like team responsible for the cohesive communication and promotion to external audiences of BBB National Programs and its more than a dozen self-regulatory, accountability, and dispute resolution programs.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, the Director, Marketing is responsible for building and leading both enterprise and program-level marketing and branding initiatives for the BBB National Programs organization. You will make an impact on how we enhance consumer trust in the marketplace through the growth and strengthening of our programs. You will be responsible for leading the marketing strategy and initiatives to help the organization and its advertising self-regulation, privacy, and dispute resolution programs achieve their business objectives. Your expertise will help us expand our national partner reach and the impact the organization has on their success.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage the development and implementation of marketing strategy, measurement, and analysis for all programs within BBB National Programs.
- Lead all aspects of marketing management and campaign execution for national programs, and play an integral role in planning, executing, and overseeing of marketing-related research.
- Direct integrated marketing strategy and campaigns across multiple channels, including digital, print, in-person, and experience platforms.
- Develop and lead marketing programs and campaigns to support retention of existing members/supporters and generate awareness, engagement, and sales revenue for national programs.
- Collaborate with BBB National Programs’ Communications Director to develop and oversee communications programs that effectively promote the organization’s brand and its services, particularly with respect to the design and implementation of communications supporting the needs of programs within BBB National Programs.
- Monitor market and industry trends, competitive landscape, technology, and cultural environment in order to inform marketing, communications, and messaging strategies for the enterprise and its programs.
- Oversee strategy, planning, implementation, and management of conferences and events to help BBB National Programs and its programs engage with target audiences and generate revenue through registrations and sponsorships.
- Conduct marketing-oriented research and manage external research resources as necessary.
- Oversee the hiring and day-to-day management of external resources (e.g., freelance writers and designers, agencies, etc.) that may be required to achieve enterprise and program business objectives.
- Manage go-to-market strategy, relationships, and marketing programs for partnerships and strategic alliances with third-party organizations.
- Analyze data and key performance metrics across all relevant marketing and communications platforms to optimize marketing programs and campaigns.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 6+ years of related experience
- Broad experience developing and managing successful business-to-business marketing programs for SMBs to MNEs
- Strong experience with marketing project and campaign management, including strategy development, program design, implementation, and report writing
- Experience in marketing management across traditional, digital, social, and experience marketing environments
- Experience using analytics tools and platforms for marketing channels including web, advertising, email, and social media
- Experience building and managing strategic partnerships and alliances
- Experience working with marketing automation tools, CMS platforms, and other content technology platforms
- Experience managing external marketing vendors
- Highly creative problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communications, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Comfortable leading and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
Let us know if you have:
- A master’s degree in a related field
- Startup or business re-launch experience
- Experience working within professional association environment
- Experience supervising in-house marketing staff
- Experience at a major corporation, Fortune 500, or Big4 accounting/consulting firm
- Budget development and management experience
Competitive SalariesBBB National Programs knows that recognition for a job well done goes a long way, so we offer competitive salaries.
Retirement PlansBBB National Programs helps employees progress not only professionally but also financially by offering a 401(k) plan.
Competitive BenefitsBBB National Programs offers medical, vision, and dental coverage. In addition, we offer flexible spending accounts and a variety of insurance options. Looking to stay fit? We offer a fully-equipped on-site gym.
More than a Job DescriptionBBB National Programs offers flextime, compressed work schedules, telecommuting, paid holidays, sick leave and a variety of other options that give our employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.