Current openings are listed below. Click on the job title for more information and to apply.
Production Coordinator, Marketing and Communications - McLean, VA
WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering a more accountable and trustworthy marketplace. As the foremost thought leader on industry self-regulation, we are shaping the way that businesses and consumers interact with one another. We are the home to more than a dozen self-regulation programs that set high standards for businesses and provide third-party accountability and dispute resolution services that help ensure a fair marketplace for consumers. BBB National Programs has worked with industry leaders and government regulatory agencies since 1971 to establish the standards that guide best practices in advertising, privacy, children’s and teen’s marketing, consumer warranty issues, and dispute resolution.
ABOUT THE MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Department at BBB National Programs plays a vital role in supporting the organization’s operations and mission. MarCom is an agile, agency-like team responsible for the cohesive communication and promotion to external audiences of BBB National Programs and its more than a dozen self-regulatory, accountability, and dispute resolution programs.
Based in our Northern Virginia headquarters offices, the Production Coordinator, Marketing and Communications, will serve on the Marketing and Communications team as the primary party responsible for the effective and efficient management of marketing and communications projects (including print, digital, video, web, and other branded collateral). Reporting to the Director of Projects, Content, and Creative Services, the Production Coordinator, Marketing and Communications will work with members of the Marketing and Communications team, internal clients, and external vendors to manage project plans and timelines, coordinate production resources, maintain the organization of project assets, and ensure effective communication across project teams and internal clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage the coordination of roughly 50-100 projects at a given time, including website development and content creation projects, graphic design, video and other creative projects, environmental graphics and design, event marketing plans, communications initiatives, and more
- Update or develop new project platforms and processes to streamline and ensure effectiveness project management
- Oversee production queue through Microsoft Teams and ZohoDesk, including new project intake and project closeout, keeping project details and statuses updated, and communicating with internal clients
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal clients by having a full understanding of what services the Marketing and Communications team can offer, maintaining a positive attitude, focusing on the internal client’s needs, and providing timely and clearly communicated responses to project inquiries
- Schedule project kickoff meetings and record pertinent project details (re: creative requirements)
- Maintain the organization of digital project assets (source files, outputs, project plans, etc.) using SharePoint and established file naming convention
- Draft high-level project plans and maintain project documentation
- Develop and maintain relationships with constellation of 10-20 current external vendors—including but not limited to printers, writers, graphic designers, video editors, specialty item sales associates, environmental graphics and installations professionals, and web developers—as well as research and support onboarding new vendors (collect and compare proposals for review) as needed
- Keep updated record of external vendor and platform information, including contract dates, what they are used for, rough pricing, contact information, and other pertinent details as appropriate
- Manage project timelines, including performing regular status checks with project teams, external vendors, and internal clients to ensure delivery of project milestones
- Track project performance of roughly 50-100 projects at a given time to understand and record changes to deliverables, timelines, etc.
- Manage inventory of print collateral (stationary, envelopes, business cards, branded giveaways, etc.), including keeping track of quantity in stock, researching new products, and handling orders (determining and comparing pricing, securing proof approvals, and coordinating order delivery with vendor and internal stakeholders)
- Perform quality control checks of project deliverables, including reviewing deliverables for adherence to brand consistency (use of brand colors, fonts, style as outlined in Brand Guide) and editorial style (as outlined in Editorial Guide)—noting required edits or flagging issues during reviews and making suggestions when appropriate
- Two-three years’ experience in project management
- Three-five years’ experience in marketing, communications, design/creative, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, marketing, communications, design, or related field
- Basic understanding of creative production and web development processes
- Experience with project management platforms such as Trello, Microsoft Teams, Basecamp, etc.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong decision-making intuition
- Creative problem-solving mindset and ability to get around “roadblocks”
- Collaborative work style, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record of success while working under tight timelines and high pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Office 365) products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Let us know if you have:
- Experience with Adobe creative products
Competitive SalariesBBB National Programs knows that recognition for a job well done goes a long way, so we offer competitive salaries.
Retirement PlansBBB National Programs helps employees progress not only professionally but also financially by offering a 401(k) plan.
Competitive BenefitsBBB National Programs offers medical, vision, and dental coverage. In addition, we offer flexible spending accounts and a variety of insurance options. Looking to stay fit? We offer a fully-equipped on-site gym.
More than a Job DescriptionBBB National Programs offers flextime, compressed work schedules, telecommuting, paid holidays, sick leave and a variety of other options that give our employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.