BBB National Programs is a nonprofit organization where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust, and consumers are heard. BBB National Programs is where companies, industry experts, and trade associations work together within a self-regulatory environment to address issues of national and global importance, and to foster industry best practices in truth-in-advertising, child-directed marketing, data privacy, and dispute resolution.
At BBB National Programs, we understand that cultivating a great team is critical to advancing our mission to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Our staff is made up of talented, diverse, and highly-motivated professionals who continually seek out new challenges and opportunities to catalyze progress. Our workplace is an inclusive and dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work that they do.
National Programs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Current openings are listed below. Click on the job title for more information and to apply.
BBB National Programs is seeking an accounting professional interested in career growth and in supporting organizational growth. The Senior Accountant will support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Department with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and certain payroll processes. The ideal candidate will be organized, self-motivated, ready to learn, and ready to be a proactive part of a dynamic team.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Ensure invoices and related expenses are processed in accordance with company policies and observance of required deadlines
- Communicate and work with vendors to address issues and ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Prepare reconciliations (bank reconciliations, corporate credit card, general ledger accounts, etc.)
- Process and record cash deposits daily
- Identify, communicate and assist with various collections issues
- Assist with the reconciliation of customer balances
- Assist with processing of payroll and related benefits payments
- Assist in annual audit as needed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (accounting, finance) and a minimum of 2 or more years of experience
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently without close supervision, identify and solve problems
- Ability to work under time constraints and be available as needed
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
BBB National Programs knows that recognition for a job well done goes a long way, so we offer competitive salaries.
More Than a Job Description
BBB National Programs offers flextime, compressed work schedules, telecommuting, paid holidays, sick leave and a variety of other options that give our employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.
BBB National Programs offers medical, vision, and dental coverage. In addition, we offer flexible spending accounts and a variety of insurance options. Looking to stay fit? We offer a fully-equipped on-site gym.
BBB National Programs helps employees progress not only professionally but also financially by offering a 401(k) plan.