COVID-19 Updates & Resources
National Programs Operating Status
BBB National Programs remains vigilant, following the guidance of federal, state, and local officials and using necessary precautions to keep our employees, partners, and stakeholders safe and healthy.
As the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves, we stand ready to help businesses and individuals navigate the significant challenges they are facing in a time of great uncertainty.
Like any major natural disaster, the coronavirus has had a significant impact on businesses and economies and has already demonstrated an ability to disrupt regular operating procedures for most Americans. BBB National Programs staff, and the programs we serve, have moved to remote work and remain operational.
BBB National Programs remains focused on serving its stakeholders during this international pandemic.
- We are accepting new and proceeding with existing complaints, challenges, and inquiries.
- We are conducting video conference, email, and teleconference dispute resolution, compliance, and guidance support.
- We are welcoming new participants and program supporters. All our programs are providing uninterrupted services.
BBB National Programs stands ready to serve you. If you do not already know how to engage with us, and need assistance or have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org—one of our team members will respond quickly to assist you.
False and Misleading Claims
Because the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food Drug Administration have both stated that there are no drugs, or investigational products currently available to treat or prevent COVID-19, BBB National Programs urges all companies and their salesforces to exercise extreme caution in the dissemination of health-related product claims in their marketing. They should be especially mindful of expressly claiming or implying that their products:
- Treat or alleviate the symptoms of COVID-19
- Cure, treat, or alleviate symptoms of viruses
- Boost or improve immune function
- Eliminate or remove germs and/or viruses
Should any direct selling company become aware of any COVID-19 or other problematic health-related claims, send them to us here.
Operating Status: National Advertising Division
For the health and safety of our National Advertising Division® (NAD) stakeholders, all NAD Fast-Track SWIFT filings should be filed through our online portal and NAD Standard filings should be submitted by email until further notice.
- Opening a Standard or Complex Track Challenge? Please email Laura Brett, email@example.com, and Sheryl Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your opening letter, exhibits, and the challenged advertising. If you submitted a filing by mail after March 9, 2020, please email Laura Brett.
- Large Files: Please contact us directly if any files related to your filing are too large to submit via email so we can make alternate arrangements.
- Filing Fees: You will be provided an invoice and information on submitting payments electronically.
- Meetings: All meetings will move forward as scheduled and be held by video or telephone conference. The attorney assigned to the matter will contact you to set up meeting logistics.
Operating Status: BBB AUTO LINE
We are experiencing a higher than normal call volume.
- If you are calling to file a new BBB AUTO LINE® claim, click here.
- To follow up on an existing BBB AUTO LINE® claim, email us.
To protect the health and safety of BBB National Programs staff, stakeholders, and partners, and to align with the guidance of federal, state, and local officials, we are rescheduling upcoming events to the fall or moving them to an online platform. We are communicating with participants and registrants via email but if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.