BBB National Programs remains vigilant, following the guidance of federal, state, and local officials and using necessary precautions to keep our employees, partners, and stakeholders safe and healthy. As the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves, we stand ready to help businesses and individuals navigate the significant challenges they are facing in a time of great uncertainty.
Like any major natural disaster, the coronavirus has had a significant impact on businesses and economies and has already demonstrated an ability to disrupt regular operating procedures for most Americans. BBB National Programs employees, and the programs we operate, have moved to hybrid work and remain operational.
BBB National Programs remains focused on serving its stakeholders.
- We are accepting new – and proceeding with existing – complaints, challenges, and inquiries.
- We are conducting video conference, email, and teleconference dispute resolution, compliance, and guidance support.
- We are welcoming new participants and program supporters. All our programs are providing uninterrupted services.
- All meetings are moving forward as scheduled and be held by video or telephone conference.
BBB National Programs stands ready to serve you. If you do not already know how to engage with us, and need assistance or have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org—one of our team members will respond quickly to assist you.
False and Misleading Claims
The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council of BBB National Programs urges all companies and their salesforces to exercise extreme caution in the dissemination of health-related product claims in their marketing. They should be especially mindful of expressly claiming or implying that their products:
- Treat or alleviate the symptoms of COVID-19
- Cure, treat, or alleviate symptoms of viruses
- Boost or improve immune function
- Eliminate or remove germs and/or viruses
Should any direct selling company become aware of any COVID-19 or other problematic health-related claims, send them to us here. For all other national advertising, file a challenge with the National Advertising Division.
To protect the health and safety of BBB National Programs staff, stakeholders, and partners, and to align with the guidance of federal, state, and local officials, our events will either be fully virtual or hybrid. We are communicating with participants and registrants via email but if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.