Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council Recommends B-Epic Discontinue Health-Related Product Performance Claims in Compliance Inquiry
McLean, VA – November 2, 2023 – The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) of BBB National Programs has recommended that B-Epic Worldwide LLC, a multi-level marketing company that sells health and wellness products, discontinue certain health-related product performance claims made on social media by its salesforce members.
DSSRC is an independent national advertising self-regulation program that monitors advertising and marketing claims in the direct selling industry. At issue in this compliance case are social media health-related product performance claims similar to those identified in a 2022 case, such as:
- “I can’t begin to thank B-epic for the person I’ve become! Losing weight & feeling better My anxiety and depression are finally being controlled I am on day 25 and I have lost 12 pounds now”
- Hey everyone I have been using these products for almost 2 yrs. I bet you can't guess my age. LOL. I LOVE THE 3 an I use regener8 an I love the blue royal tea. Yes I use the rejuven8 .I'm bepic for life. Also I was border line diabetic no more. I'm notgoing to stop but I got my life back.
- “What is B-Slim tablets B-Epic B-Slim is easy-to-use hydration tablets, created by BEpic in 2020. A tablet is designed to make a full bottle of healthy weight loss water. Create a refreshing weight-loss water in seconds! Just drink 30 minutes before largest meal for you slenderness! Health Benefits B-Slim Tablets health benefits may include: -Promoting weight loss and healthy weight control -Help fight obesity -Help relieve stress and anxiety -Normalize cholesterol levels -Decrease appetite and food cravings -Improving blood glucose levels in diabetic patients -Increase muscle mass and strength -Improve mood, concentration and sleep depth”
- “CBD is a beneficial nutritional supplement that helps with stress, anxiety, agitation, sleep disturbances, increased anxiety, nausea, and joint and muscle and bone pain. According to the latest medical research, the supplement has good antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and may also be helpful in multiple sclerosis and epilepsy. B-Epic NANO CBD Gummies – healthy Cannabidiol Supplements. B-Epic CBD product contains a therapeutic CBD compound derived from hemp. … The top known reasons for taking CBD are pain relief, anxiety and depression relief.”
- Hi my name is Theresa and I am here to give you a testimony about my son Bj who has special needs. He also has Tourette’s syndrome and epilepsy along with Developmental delays. I started him on this product called strawberry drink Elev8 by Bepic. His epilepsy was pretty bad. He had been on so many different seizure medication’s, some didn’t work some worked a little but not good enough for Dr’s satisfaction. I started giving him the Elev8 drink from Bepic. Within about three weeks of giving him this drink faithfully every single day I started noticing his seizures were less. He has now been taking the product since October 2022 and his seizures are gone during the day….. One last thing that I have noticed since he has been drinking that his drinks is his memory. Bj has excellent long-term memory but poor short-term memory. His short term memory is so much better.”
- “Combat fatigue! . Elev8: Improve energy Boost memory Get focused Be happy Instant result Improve mood Strengthen immune system Reduce stress #Bepic #Improvemood #Nofatigue #Mentalhealth #Physicalhealth #Mood #Boost #Energy #Behappy #Memory”
- “Boost and Support a Healthy Immune System Make Less Prone to Getting Sick Prevent and Ease Cold and Flu Symptoms Reduce Oxidative Damage with Potent Antioxidants …. helps strengthen and maintain a healthy immune system – making you less prone to getting sick and helping ease symptoms when you do. These important immune system-strengthening nutrients have been shown to improve immune function and resistance to sickness. Boosting the body’s natural immune response helps reduce symptoms of infections and other illnesses, including the flu and common cold.”
Once again, B-Epic did not attempt to substantiate the claims that were challenged and DSSRC appreciated the prompt, good faith efforts of B-Epic to remove the challenged social media posts.
Despite B-Epic’s efforts, three posts, distributed by individuals who are no longer active with the B-Epic, remain available to the public. DSSRC reiterated its recommendation that, in addition to contacting the individuals responsible for the posts, B-Epic contact the platform to request removal of the posts.
DSSRC remains concerned with the ongoing dissemination of health-related product claims and will continue to monitor B-Epic salesforce members for compliance.
National Advertising Division Recommends Royal Oak Modify or Discontinue Certain Claims for its Super Size Briquets
New York, NY – November 30, 2023 – In a challenge brought by Kingsford Products Company, the National Advertising Division (NAD) recommended that Royal Oak modify or discontinue certain comparative claims for its Super Size Briquets.
National Advertising Division Finds Certain Xfinity Home Internet Claims Supported; Recommends Comcast Modify or Discontinue Others
New York, NY – November 30, 2023 – The National Advertising Division (NAD) determined that Comcast provided a reasonable basis for its Xfinity home internet claim but recommended that Comcast modify or discontinue certain other claims about Verizon’s 5G Home Internet.
National Advertising Division Recommends Cariuma Disclose Material Connection Between Cariuma Sneakers and Publisher of Social Media Posts
New York, NY – November 29, 2023 – The National Advertising Division (NAD) inquired about social media posts for Cariuma sneakers, and recommended that Cariuma clearly and conspicuously disclose its material connection to the endorser and publisher of the posts.
National Advertising Division Recommends Charter Modify or Discontinue Certain Comparative Claims for Spectrum Home Internet Service
New York, NY – November 28, 2023 – In a challenge brought by T-Mobile, the National Advertising Division (NAD) recommended that Charter modify or discontinue certain Spectrum home internet service claims including those that distinguish Spectrum from T-Mobile’s wireless home internet services.