Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council Recommends Elomir Discontinue Certain Earnings and Health-Related Product Claims
McLean, VA – December 12, 2023 – The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) of BBB National Programs recommended that Elomir, Inc. modify or discontinue certain earnings and health-related product performance claims, including disease treatment claims for its Axis Klärity product.
The advertising claims were made by Elomir, a multi-level marketing company that sells nutritional supplements, and its salesforce members. The inquiry was brought to DSSRC by a non-governmental advocacy group (NGO).
The challenged product performance claims include, but are not limited to:
- “Axis Klärity helps to promote healthy joints, a mellow mood, focus and mental clarity and gut health”
- “… blood sugar support, cognitive support, immune support; mood support; focus and clarity; stimulant free energy; stress relief; gut health”
- “Emotional? Overwhelmed? Anxious? Foggy head? Feeling heavy?” / Image of testimonial with copy stating “the first time I took the strip was on a very emotionally charged day and honestly within 5 minutes the feeling of heaviness and overwhelm drifted away! I feel so inspired, have amazing clarity, feeling happy and my focus is zen like yet so sharp every time!”
- “When you have stomach issues from years of stress, ulcers, and GERD, you look for ways to get your supplements into your system by bypassing your tummy. I just tried @Elomir Corporate #axisklarity and I am in love! Not sure what #NAC #curcumin or #bvitaminsforenergy do for your body? You’ll want to search it up! My chiropractor has had me taking these supplements for months to combat #inflammation & to help my fight off viruses. This strip is phenomenal! 💛🌻🌟 #gastricbypasscommunity #gastricbypassjourney #weightlossjouney #bariatriclife #bariatricbabe #bariatriccommunity #healthsupplements #bounty”
- “Guess who beat DIABETES 🙌🏼 Unexpected news from my doctor this week! He asked what did I do differently. He was amazed by what I showed him 🟨 #diabetes #beatdiabetes.”
- “What I have noticed that improved since being on Axis Klarity: better mood; better focus; better skin, no breakouts because my gut health is better; better sleep.”
Challenged earnings claims include, but are not limited to:
- “Whether you want the chance to earn a little extra income to help pay your bills or build a long-term home-based business, the possibilities await you at ELOMIR.”
- “multiple 7 figures [in commissions” and claims such as “[p]ay off 3 of our credit cards,” and “paid our house note”
Elomir participated in the DSSRC process in good faith and worked quickly to remove most of the earnings and health-related claims identified by the NGO, more than 70 claims. In at least five instances where a salesforce member was unresponsive to Elomir’s request to take down the claim, Elomir commented directly on the social media post to state that it contains unsubstantiated earnings or medical claims.
After a thorough review of substantiation provided for the remaining health-related claims in question, DSSRC determined that though the evidence submitted outlines the promise or positive benefits of the individual ingredients contained in Elomir’s flagship product, Axis Klärity, the substantiation is insufficient to support the wide-ranging health-related product performance claims challenged in this inquiry.
As a result, DSSRC recommended that Elomir discontinue the remaining challenged claims.
Regarding the earnings claim “Earn a little extra income to help pay your bills and build a home-based business. We allow you to be your own boss and provide you with the compensation plan to help you meet your goals,” which remains available on the Elomir website, DSSRC remained concerned that such claim in the context presented on the reasonably conveys that the typical salesforce member may earn significant income through the Elomir business opportunity and recommended it be removed from the website.
DSSRC appreciates Elomir for their ongoing efforts to remove or modify the rest of the claims from circulation.
National Advertising Division Recommends Smarter Reviews, a Product Review Site, Discontinue or Modify its Rankings and Review Format
New York, NY – February 27, 2024 – The National Advertising Division recommended that product review site, Smarter Reviews discontinue its rankings and reviews format, or modify its advertising to avoid conveying a message that the review and rankings webpages and the reviews and rankings themselves are...
Following National Advertising Division Challenge by Bic USA, Calico Voluntarily Discontinues Claims for Scripto Aim ‘n Flame MAX Lighter
National Advertising Division Recommends Stihl Discontinue Unqualified “Made in America” Claims for Outdoor Power Equipment
New York, NY – February 22, 2024 – The National Advertising Division recommended that, in connection with its outdoor power equipment, Stihl Incorporated discontinue its unqualified “Made in America” claims and modify its “Made in America” claims to make clear that not all of its products are made in the United States...
Following National Advertising Division Recommendation, Charter Agrees to Modify Spectrum Mobile Cost Savings Claim
New York, NY – February 21, 2024 – In a Fast-Track SWIFT challenge, the National Advertising Division recommended that Charter Communications discontinue the claim that Verizon customers will “save over $1,500 in their first year” if they switch to Spectrum Mobile or modify the claim by adding or improving certain disclosures.