National Advertising Division Refers Advertising by SBLA Beauty to the Federal Trade Commission for Review for Failure to Participate
New York, NY – September 21, 2023 – The National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs has referred advertising claims made by SBLA Beauty, Inc. to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) after the company failed to provide a substantive response to NAD’s inquiry.
The following are representative of the claims that served as the basis for this inquiry.
- “Try the first-ever eyelift at home, clinically proven to lift & smooth the eyelid in minutes”
- “The Eye Lift Wand lifts and smooths the eyelids with the SBLA breakthrough formula, including the patent-pending SBLA66Peptide™, a truly revolutionary molecule.”
- “Smooths and lifts eyelid creases, hooded eyelids, lifts eyebrows and opens & brightens the eyes.”
- “Visible results are immediate and with continuous daily use improve progressively.”
- “Key Benefits:
- Opens the eye area by lifting the eyelids
- Lifts droopy eyelids
- Visibly smooths eyelid creases
- Tightens the skin of the entire eye area
- Diminishes crows feet and under-eye puffiness
- Improves skin texture and discoloration
- Builds collagen and regenerates skin cells”
- The Eye Lift Wand immediately delivers results akin to an eye lift medical procedure.
Despite repeated outreach attempts, SBLA Beauty did not submit a substantive response to NAD’s inquiry or participate in the self-regulatory process. Per NAD/NARB Procedures, NAD has referred this matter to the FTC for review and possible enforcement action.
All BBB National Programs case decision summaries can be found in the case decision library. For the full text of NAD, NARB, and CARU decisions, subscribe to the online archive. Per NAD procedures, this release shall not be used for advertising or promotional purposes.
National Advertising Division Recommends Royal Oak Modify or Discontinue Certain Claims for its Super Size Briquets
New York, NY – November 30, 2023 – In a challenge brought by Kingsford Products Company, the National Advertising Division (NAD) recommended that Royal Oak modify or discontinue certain comparative claims for its Super Size Briquets.
National Advertising Division Finds Certain Xfinity Home Internet Claims Supported; Recommends Comcast Modify or Discontinue Others
New York, NY – November 30, 2023 – The National Advertising Division (NAD) determined that Comcast provided a reasonable basis for its Xfinity home internet claim but recommended that Comcast modify or discontinue certain other claims about Verizon’s 5G Home Internet.
National Advertising Division Recommends Cariuma Disclose Material Connection Between Cariuma Sneakers and Publisher of Social Media Posts
New York, NY – November 29, 2023 – The National Advertising Division (NAD) inquired about social media posts for Cariuma sneakers, and recommended that Cariuma clearly and conspicuously disclose its material connection to the endorser and publisher of the posts.
National Advertising Division Recommends Charter Modify or Discontinue Certain Comparative Claims for Spectrum Home Internet Service
New York, NY – November 28, 2023 – In a challenge brought by T-Mobile, the National Advertising Division (NAD) recommended that Charter modify or discontinue certain Spectrum home internet service claims including those that distinguish Spectrum from T-Mobile’s wireless home internet services.