Certain Advertising Claims for Doggie Dailies Dietary Supplement Permanently Discontinued Following National Advertising Division Inquiry
For Immediate Release
Contact: Laura Brett, Director, National Advertising Division, 212.705.0109 / email@example.com
New York, NY – March 3, 2020 – Doggie Dailies, the maker of Doggie Dailies dietary supplement, stated that it will permanently discontinue the advertising claims that were at issue in an inquiry before the National Advertising Division (NAD).
NAD is an investigative unit of the advertising industry’s system of self-regulation and is a division of the BBB National Programs’ self-regulatory and dispute resolution programs.
As part of NAD’s routine monitoring program, NAD requested substantiation for the following online advertising claims:
- “Help increase my energy levels and maintain my mobility and overall joint health, allowing me to live a happier, healthier life for years to come!”
- “Help give your dog relief from pain caused by aging, hip dysplasia, or arthritis.”
- “A joint supplement that goes above and beyond standard glucosamine for dogs.”
- “Stop wasting time and money on dog supplements that don’t work; Order Doggie Dailies Glucosamine for Dogs and see why we’re one of the top rated dog supplements.”
- Doggie Dailies is more efficacious than competing dog supplements in increasing energy levels, maintaining mobility and overall joint health, and relieving pain caused by aging, hip dysplasia, or arthritis.
- Dogs who take Doggie Dailies live longer and in better health than dogs who take other dog supplements or no supplements at all.
During the course of the proceeding, the advertiser informed NAD that it had permanently discontinued all of the challenged claims. NAD, relying on the advertiser’s representation that the claims have been permanently discontinued, did not review the claims on their merits. However, the voluntarily discontinued claims will be treated, for compliance purposes, as though NAD recommended their discontinuance and the advertiser agreed to comply.
In its advertiser’s statement, Doggie Dailies stated that it “is in full support of self-regulation and agrees to comply with NAD’s recommendations.”
About the National Advertising Division: National Advertising Division (NAD), a division of BBB National Programs, provides independent self-regulation overseeing the truthfulness of advertising across the U.S. NAD reviews national advertising in all media and its decisions set consistent standards for truth and accuracy.
About BBB National Programs: BBB National Programs fosters trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace through the development and delivery of cost-effective, third-party self-regulation, dispute resolution and other programs. BBB National Programs is the home of industry self-regulatory and dispute resolution programs that include the National Advertising Division (NAD), National Advertising Review Board (NARB), BBB EU Privacy Shield, BBB AUTO LINE, Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU), Children’s Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative (CFBAI), Children’s Confection Advertising Initiative (CCAI), Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC), Digital Advertising Accountability Program (Accountability Program), and the Coalition for Better Advertising Dispute Resolution Program (CBA DRM). The programs are designed to resolve business issues and advance shared objectives by responding to marketplace concerns to create a better customer experience. To learn more about industry self-regulation, please visit: BBBNP.org.