Media Advisory: FTC Commissioner Rebecca Slaughter to Keynote National Advertising Division “Future of Ad Law” 2021 Annual Conference
New York, NY – September 21, 2021 – In its 50th anniversary year, the National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs will host the NAD 2021 Annual Conference virtually next week, running Wednesday, September 29 through Friday, October 1.
The NAD Annual Conference convenes experts from the advertising and legal industries, and companies of all sizes, as well as government officials and regulators to discuss the day-to-day issues that arise when advertising in an increasingly competitive environment and navigating emerging issues and fast-paced technological innovation. This year’s theme is focused on the new advertising landscape. Speakers will discuss the new consumer, the new players, and the new regulatory environment.
At this event, speakers share practical advice, parse recent developments in advertising law, discuss Federal Trade Commission (FTC) priorities, identify best practices, and break down the cases that made headlines in 2021. Members of the media are invited to cover NAD 2021 with complimentary registration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hon. Rebecca Kelly Slaughter, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Speakers & Panelists
- Christine Burdick-Bell, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Board Corporate Secretary, Pharmavite LLC
- Charlene Polite Corley, Vice President, Diverse Insights & Partnerships, The Nielsen Company
- Gregory Frantz, Senior Marketing Counsel and Intellectual Property Counsel, Campbell Soup Company
- Brie Janke, Senior Counsel, The Proctor & Gamble Company
- Ruth J. Lebed, Corporate Counsel, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Gabe Martinez, Corporate Counsel, The Clorox Company
- Kate Scott-Dawkins, Vice President, Thought Leadership & Innovation, Essence Global Group Ltd.
- Cassidy Sehgal, Senior Vice President, Chief Data Governance and Associate General Counsel, L’Oreal USA, Inc.
- Adam Waheed, Award-Winning Content Creator, Actor, Comedian, & Entrepreneur
A full list of speakers is available here.
WHAT: National Advertising Division (NAD) 2021 Annual Conference
WHEN: Wednesday, September 29 through Friday, October 1, 11:00 AM – 3:00 or 4:00 PM ET (varies each day)
A full event agenda is available here.
RSVP: Credentialed members of the media are invited to attend with complimentary registration. To register and for more information, email email@example.com.
National Advertising Division Finds Certain Verizon 5G Claims Supported; Recommends Modification or Discontinuation of Others
National Advertising Review Board Finds Certain AT&T Comparative Advertising Claims Supported; Recommends Discontinuation or Modification of Others
New York, NY – October 14, 2021 – The National Advertising Review Board (NARB) has determined that AT&T Services, Inc. properly supported certain comparative advertising claims for its fiber-optic internet service in one commercial and one internet video advertisement. However, it...
ChromaDex, Inc. Discontinues Advertising Claims for Tru Niagen Dietary Supplement Following National Advertising Division Challenge
New York, NY – October 5, 2021 – Following a National Advertising Division (NAD) challenge, brought as part of NAD’s routine monitoring of national advertising for truth and transparency, the advertiser ChromaDex, Inc. permanently discontinued advertising claims regarding the performance benefits of its...
DSSRC Refers Earnings and Health-Related Product Performance Claims for Q Sciences to FTC and Utah Attorney General
McLean, VA – September 28, 2021 – The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) of BBB National Programs referred certain earnings and representative product performance claims to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Utah Attorney General’s Office for possible enforcement action after Q Sciences, a direct selling...