Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council Recommends Globallee Discontinue Certain Health-Related Product Performance and Earnings Claims
703.247.9330 / firstname.lastname@example.org
McLean, VA – September 9, 2021 – The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) of BBB National Programs recommended that certain product performance and earnings claims made by Globallee, Inc., a health and wellness supplement direct selling company, and its salesforce be discontinued. Central to this inquiry was a concern that the challenged product performance claims communicated that Globallee’s Taka products and various other drinks can treat and protect against serious health-related conditions, including COVID-19, cancer, and diabetes.
The inquiry was commenced by DSSRC through its ongoing independent monitoring of advertising and marketing claims in the direct selling industry. The claims that were the subject of the inquiry were disseminated by Globalee and its salesforce members on social media as well as on the company website.
At the time of this case decision’s publication, DSSRC remains extremely concerned regarding what appears to be significant systemic compliance issues with respect to the company’s ability to appropriately monitor the claims being disseminated by its distributors and on its own company website.
Product Claims include, but are not limited to:
- “Taka energy > Drink with 32 Nutrients, support your Immunity, adrenal glands & recovery reports of Improvement in life #bewellgloballee Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Lyme, Diabetes, weight management. You won’t be disappointed find you energy back. BeneTrim >capsules & coffee, controls anxiety, lowers my cholesterol, weight management ads to your health goals. Eterno > sleep like you dream, Hgh recovery & repair, build you vigor naturally. Wow this is a game changer. IAceel > bacterial attacking, Immune support, clear your path of healing. Eternity > hormone health, pms, menopause, cycle & fertility.”
- “Seriously what do you have to LOSE... other than maybe MIGRAINES/DIABETES/DEPRESSION/ANXIETY/ADHD/WATER RETENTION WEIGHT/MUSCLE PAIN/ NERVE PAIN/CIRCULATION PROBLEMS/REBUILD YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM And GAIN? YOUR LIFE BACK. changing my world and the world of my loved ones -- Side Affects include happiness, energy, good sleep, up your gains at the gym (replace your pre workout with this goodness wow!!!) and a great libido 100% natural and no fillers.”
- “MY TESTIMONY......Hi guys, well I've been on Taka for 23 days now...I started at 68.4 kgs, I'm now 65kgs,and feeling so much healthier...My lupus on my forehead looks amazing, only a little scaring left...And a small bit on my lip... Loving the Blueberry flavour, got too say it's my favourite...Thank you again @goodbyelupus @lupus.fighters @theselfcareclique @weightlosstips_4.0 @diabetes_naturally @rheumatoidarthritissupport @rawforhealth @lupus_survivor_lupus.
- “Love to hear how your looking after your health? What are some of the things your doing? Please share your testimony? Mine is since being introduced to a amazing superfood. I’ve lost 22 kilograms. I’ve also lost depression and anxiety. I also lost pain in my body as well as arthritis. I’ve also lost PSORIASIS which was so bad on my skin. I sleep better. I’m calmer. I cope better under stress. I feel happier. Loving this journey of greater health @healthy.weight_loss @feelinggreatnaturally @superfood_aus @rheumatoid_arthritis_awareness @stressfreezones @masteringdiabetes @feelingsoenergetic @_feeling_happy_94 @lovingitvegan @vegantofeelgood @womens.intermittentfasting @_intermittentfasting @_intermittent_fasting_ @healthy.weight_loss.”
- “Although the word "arthritis" means joint inflammation, the term is used to describe around 200 rheumatic diseases and conditions that affect joints, the tissues that surround the joint, and other connective tissue. The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis. Other common rheumatic conditions include gout, fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. Thanks Globallee for these fantastic products To help those with these Illnesses. I can tell you Its Stopped my arthritis in its tracks...”
- “Down 15 lbs, Psoriasis cleared up, Tummy issues gone, Cycles regulated, Inflammation gone, Hair and skin look great, Soo much energy, Basically Taka is the most amazing thing you can put In Your body. Non gmo, no sugar, no caffeine .... just all-natural farm to market ingredients that heal your body from the inside out!”
- “ONE OPTI JUICE HEALTH BENEFITS BEST FOR: Gives Extra Energy & Improves Stamina, Boosts the Immune System, Fights Cancer Cells, Reduces Bad Cholesterol, Normalize Blood Sugar Level, Detoxify Toxins, Controls high blood pressure, Regulating cholesterol level, Help to treat diabetes mellitus, Increase passion and fertility, Reduce risk of Cancer and Fight Cancer Cells, Balance Uric Acid, Increase Sperm Count and Sperm Motility, Normalize Menstruation SUBUKAN PARA MAKITA ANG PAGKAKAIBA NG TUNAY NA ORGANIC SA SABI SABI LANG **NO APPROVED THERAPEUTIC CLAIMS** Yet it deliver AMAZING results..For more information on how *One Opti Juice* can help you and your loved ones message me if interested. **TANDAAN OUR HEALTH IS WEALTH!
- Prevention is Always Better than Cure”
- Veronica Journey: My son is 7yrs old and has ADHD. I took him off his meds and started TAKA. WOW!! what a difference, he is focused, alot calmer, no more fighting and no more angry outbursts. He is alot happier in everything he does. He is alot nicer and easier to reason with he sleeps better. I am so amazed with this drink and what it can do. I was in tears (happy tears) the second day seeing how well he was doing without medication and only TAKA. I highly recommend trying TAKA for ADHD its absolutely amazing. I didn't think I would ever find anything out there natural to help him. So so so thankful.
- “I hope I can achieve results this good UPDATE! 12/15/2020 Here I am at just over 75 Pounds lost -- Since April I have been practicing intermittent fasting and drinking TAKA. I am pleased to announce that not only have I lost 60 lbs but I have also been cleared by my doctor to stop taking mealtime insulin, two other meds for diabetes and one other for blood pressure. Additionally, I was tested for diabetic neuropathy in April and 3/4 of the markers were in red. In September, only one was in red meaning my neuropathy was getting better! Much better!! The reduction in inflammation has been amazing!!!!! The pictures below are me from last Christmas and me from September and I've lost 10 more pounds since then!!
As noted in previous DSSRC cases, health-related claims must be supported by competent and reliable scientific evidence, as defined by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). DSSRC informed Globallee of its concern that these product claims may convey unsubstantiated health-related and wellness benefits and Globallee did not contest DSSRC’s concerns.
- “Fast Track to Success”
- “discover unlimited potential!”
- Video depicting individuals on jet-skis, at an oceanside resort, and individual holding a ten-thousand-dollar vanity check.
DSSRC informed Globallee of its concern that a reasonable consumer may interpret these and similar claims to mean that salesforce members can earn significant income from the Globallee business opportunity and again, Globallee did not contest DSSRC’s concerns.
As stated in DSSRC’s Guidance on Earnings Claims for the Direct Selling Industry, while DSSRC will evaluate any claim based upon the context in which the claim appears and the potential net impression of such claim to the audience, some words and phrases commonly used in earnings claims can carry a particularly high risk of being misleading to consumers. Such words and phrases include claims such as “financial freedom,” “full-time income,” “replacement income,” “residual income,” and “career-level income.” Furthermore, earnings claims must be substantiated and representative of a level of earnings that can be generally expected by the audience.
DSSRC requested that Globallee immediately remove any and all content indicating that its products are efficacious against serious health-related conditions as well as the challenged claims that Globallee salesforce members will receive significant income from the Globallee business opportunity.
DSSRC acknowledged and appreciated that Globallee took immediate action to take down the challenged social media posts and content from the company website but remains concerned about the content still in circulation. Though Globallee is an international company with salesforce members located outside of the United States, DSSRC reminded Globallee that it is nonetheless responsible for enforcing the truthfulness and accuracy of salesforce member advertising. If the post originated from a salesforce member that is no longer an active member of Globallee’s salesforce, the company must still demonstrate a good faith effort to have the improper content removed, such as providing DSSRC with a copy of the takedown requests that were sent to the salesforce members responsible for the content.
At the time of this case decision publication, Globallee has yet to provide DSSRC with copies of the takedown requests that were sent to salesforce members and many of the challenged product performance and earnings claims remain accessible to the public. If Globallee does not remove unsupported product performance and earnings claims from the company website and social media, DSSRC will have no recourse but to refer this matter to the appropriate governmental agencies.
About BBB National Programs: BBB National Programs is where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust and consumers are heard. The non-profit organization creates a fairer playing field for businesses and a better experience for consumers through the development and delivery of effective third-party accountability and dispute resolution programs. Embracing its role as an independent organization since the restructuring of the Council of Better Business Bureaus in June 2019, BBB National Programs today oversees more than a dozen leading national industry self-regulation programs, and continues to evolve its work and grow its impact by providing business guidance and fostering best practices in arenas such as advertising, child-directed marketing, and privacy. To learn more, visit bbbprograms.org.
About the Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council: The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC), a division of BBB National Programs, provides independent, impartial monitoring, dispute resolution, and enforcement of false product claims and income representations made by direct selling companies and their salesforce members across digital platforms. The DSSRC seeks to establish high standards of integrity and business ethics for all direct selling companies in the marketplace.
National Advertising Division Finds Claim that Almased Diet and Weight Loss Program is “So Safe that Even People with Diabetes Can Use It” Supported
New York, NY – September 16, 2021 – The National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs determined that Almased USA, Inc.’s claim that its Almased Diet/Weight Loss Program is “. . . so safe that even people with diabetes can use it” was supported.
National Advertising Division Finds SlimFast “Energy For Hours” Claim Supported; Advertiser Appeals Recommendation to Discontinue “Clinically Proven” Claims
New York, NY – September 15, 2021 – The National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs determined that KSF Acquisition Corp. (SlimFast) provided a reasonable basis for its “energy for hours” claim for its SlimFast Food Products & Weight Loss Plans. However, NAD...
Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council Recommends SwissJust Discontinue Certain Health-Related Product Performance and Earnings Claims
McLean, VA – September 15, 2021 – The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) recommended that certain product performance and earnings claims made by SwissJust USA, a direct selling company that markets and distributes natural products for emotional, physical, and dermo-cosmetic well-being, and...