Media Advisory: FTC Commissioner Rebecca Slaughter to Keynote National Advertising Division “Future of Ad Law” 2021 Annual Conference
New York, NY – September 21, 2021 – In its 50th anniversary year, the National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs will host the NAD 2021 Annual Conference virtually next week, running Wednesday, September 29 through Friday, October 1.
The NAD Annual Conference convenes experts from the advertising and legal industries, and companies of all sizes, as well as government officials and regulators to discuss the day-to-day issues that arise when advertising in an increasingly competitive environment and navigating emerging issues and fast-paced technological innovation. This year’s theme is focused on the new advertising landscape. Speakers will discuss the new consumer, the new players, and the new regulatory environment.
At this event, speakers share practical advice, parse recent developments in advertising law, discuss Federal Trade Commission (FTC) priorities, identify best practices, and break down the cases that made headlines in 2021. Members of the media are invited to cover NAD 2021 with complimentary registration by emailing email@example.com.
- Hon. Rebecca Kelly Slaughter, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Speakers & Panelists
- Christine Burdick-Bell, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Board Corporate Secretary, Pharmavite LLC
- Charlene Polite Corley, Vice President, Diverse Insights & Partnerships, The Nielsen Company
- Gregory Frantz, Senior Marketing Counsel and Intellectual Property Counsel, Campbell Soup Company
- Brie Janke, Senior Counsel, The Proctor & Gamble Company
- Ruth J. Lebed, Corporate Counsel, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Gabe Martinez, Corporate Counsel, The Clorox Company
- Kate Scott-Dawkins, Vice President, Thought Leadership & Innovation, Essence Global Group Ltd.
- Cassidy Sehgal, Senior Vice President, Chief Data Governance and Associate General Counsel, L’Oreal USA, Inc.
- Adam Waheed, Award-Winning Content Creator, Actor, Comedian, & Entrepreneur
A full list of speakers is available here.
WHAT: National Advertising Division (NAD) 2021 Annual Conference
WHEN: Wednesday, September 29 through Friday, October 1, 11:00 AM – 3:00 or 4:00 PM ET (varies each day)
A full event agenda is available here.
RSVP: Credentialed members of the media are invited to attend with complimentary registration. To register and for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council Recommends Surge365 Discontinue Misleading Earnings Claims
McLean, VA – January 20, 2022 – The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) recommended that certain earnings claims disseminated by Surge365 and its salesforce members be discontinued. Surge365 is a multi-level direct selling company that offers discounts on hotels, rentals, cruises, flights, and other travel services.
National Advertising Review Board Recommends Air Methods Modify or Discontinue Certain Claims; Upholds Appeal for Others
New York, NY – January 20, 2022 – A panel of the National Advertising Review Board (NARB) has recommended that Air Methods Corporation modify or discontinue certain advertising claims for its Air Ambulance Transport service. The panel also upheld the advertiser’s appeal as to other claims.
Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council Recommends Le-Vel Discontinue Certain Earnings and Health-Related Product Performance Claims in Compliance Inquiry
National Advertising Division Finds Glad Trash Bags Product Packaging Not Misleading; Recommends Glad Discontinue or Modify Other Advertising Claims
New York, NY – January 19, 2022 – The National Advertising Division (NAD) determined that product packaging for Glad Products Company’s ForceFlex Plus with Clorox Tall Kitchen Drawstring Bags appropriately ties the Clorox brand to its odor elimination role, and that product packaging for...