BBB National Programs Board of Directors Elects Verizon’s David Hubbard as Board Chair and Re-Elects Three Board Members
703.247.9330 / firstname.lastname@example.org
McLean, VA – December 19, 2022 – The Board of Directors of BBB National Programs, an independent non-profit organization that operates more than a dozen independent industry self-regulation, accountability, and dispute resolution programs, today announced a new Board Chair and the re-election of three other members for the 2022-2025 term.
David Hubbard, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Verizon steps into the role of Board Chair, replacing Ken Patel, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and Chief Patent Counsel, The Procter & Gamble Company, who will continue his service on the Board. Mary Sophos, Former EVP for Policy & Strategic Planning, Grocery Manufacturers Association, will continue her role as Board Vice Chair.
The three re-elected Board members are:
- Luis-Xavier Hernandez, Group General Counsel, Beauty & Wellbeing, Unilever
- Maureen Ohlhausen, Partner, Baker Botts, Former Acting FTC Chair and FTC Commissioner
- Michele Totonis, Director, Legal Affairs, LEGO
“I am thankful to Ken Patel for his outstanding service as our Board chair over the past three years, during which time his strategy, support, and advice have been invaluable,” said Eric D. Reicin, President and CEO, BBB National Programs. “I am also excited about the enhanced role for incoming Board Chair David Hubbard, a proven champion for industry self-regulation.”
BBB National Programs Board members support and inform the nonprofit’s mission to be the place where businesses go to enhance consumer trust and where consumers are heard. Board members are also instrumental in increasing awareness and expanding the reach of the organization’s independent industry self-regulation programs.
Following is a full list of members of the BBB National Programs Board of Directors:
- David Hubbard (Board Chair), Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Verizon
- Mary Sophos (Board Vice Chair), Former EVP for Policy & Strategic Planning, Grocery Manufacturers Association
- David Cohen, CEO, Interactive Advertising Bureau
- Luis Xavier Hernandez, Group General Counsel, Beauty and Wellbeing, Unilever
- Jocelyn Hunter, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Home Depot
- Marla Kaplowitz, President and CEO, 4A’s
- Joel Katz, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Elaine Kolish, Former VP & Director, Children’s Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative, and Principal, Elaine Kolish Consulting LLC
- Bob Liodice, CEO, Association of National Advertisers
- Carla Michelotti, Former EVP and Chief Legal, Government and Corporate Affairs Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide, and President, Carla Michelotti LLC
- Maureen Ohlhausen, Partner, Baker Botts; Former Acting FTC Chair and FTC Commissioner
- Ken Patel, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and Chief Patent Counsel, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Brent Sanders, Associate General Counsel, Microsoft
- Michele Totonis, Director Legal Affairs, LEGO
- Barbara Wall, Former Chief Legal Officer, Interim Chief Operating Officer and current Board Member, Gannett Co., Inc.
- Eric D. Reicin (ex officio), President and CEO, BBB National Programs
For more information, visit our website.
Ferrara Joins the Children’s Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative Pledge Program
McLean, VA – October 31, 2023 – The Children’s Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative (CFBAI) welcomes Ferrara Candy Company as the newest participant in the food advertising pledge program.
BBB National Programs Unveils New Guardrails for Child-Directed Advertising & Privacy in the Metaverse
McLean, VA – October 3, 2023 – BBB National Programs’ Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) today released new Guardrails for Child-Directed Advertising and Privacy in the Metaverse, a set of realistic, actionable recommendations and best practices intended to help companies develop metaverse experiences directed to children,...
BBB National Programs’ Statement on Adoption of Adequacy for the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework
McLean, VA – July 11, 2023 – Dona Fraser, BBB National Programs’ Senior Vice President, Privacy Initiatives, issued a statement on behalf of BBB National Programs today on the European Commission’s official adoption of its adequacy decision for the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-US DPF).
BBB National Programs Welcomes Joe Stegbauer, SVP and General Counsel – Corporate and Business Units, P&G to its Board of Directors
McLean, VA, June 1, 2023 – BBB National Programs, an independent non-profit organization that operates a growing suite of national and global programs focused on industry self-regulation and dispute resolution, today announced the election of Joe Stegbauer from The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) to its...