Hyundai E2 Class Action
BBB National Programs is a non-profit organization providing independent and impartial dispute resolution services to resolve disputes between a business and its customers.
Hyundai Motor America (“HMA”) has agreed to participate in an arbitration process administered by BBB National Programs to resolve certain denied warranty claims under the extended warranty provided by the class settlement and appeals from claims denied by the Settlement Administrator for remedies as provided by the class settlement in the case of In re: Hyundai and Kia Engine Litigation II, No. 8:18-cv-02223-JLS-JDE (C.D. Cal.) (“E2 Class Action Settlement”).
You can find more information about the class action and settlement agreement at the following link: HyundaiEngineClassSettlement.com
Arbitration in this program is available to settlement class members who have disputes arising under the extended warranty or are appealing a denied claim from the Settlement Administrator.
Please note that in order for a Denied Settlement arbitration claim to be eligible the claimant must first have submitted a claim to the Settlement Administrator and, upon initial denial, must have requested arbitration in writing.
The arbitrator’s authority is limited to deciding whether a claimant is entitled to remedies provided under the terms of the class action settlement, and the decision of the arbitrator is final and binding to both parties.
The following vehicles are covered under this class action:
- 2011–2015 model year Hyundai Sonata Hybrid (HEV) vehicles with a Theta II 2.4-liter MPI Hybrid engine
- 2016–2019 model year Hyundai Sonata Hybrid/Plug-In Hybrid (HEV/PHEV) vehicles with a Nu 2.0-liter GDI Hybrid engine
- 2010–2012 model year Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles with a Theta II 2.4-liter MPI engine
- 2010–2013 model year Hyundai Tucson vehicles with a Theta II 2.4-liter MPI engine
- 2014–2021 model year Hyundai Tucson vehicles with a Nu 2.0-liter GDI engine
- 2014 model year Hyundai Elantra Coupe vehicles with a Nu 2.0-liter GDI engine
- 2014–2016 model year Hyundai Elantra vehicles with a Nu 2.0-liter GDI engine
- 2014–2020 model year Hyundai Elantra GT vehicles with a Nu 2.0-liter GDI engine
- 2012–2017 model year Hyundai Veloster vehicles with a Gamma 1.6-liter GDI engine
Arbitration Request Form – Extended Warranty CoverageIf your dispute involves the warranty extension (i.e. replacement engine was denied under the warranty), select “Request Arbitration” to start your claim now. Request Arbitration
Arbitration Request Form – Denied Settlement ClaimsIf your dispute involves a Denied Settlement claim (i.e. reimbursement for a repair or repair related expenses, inconvenience due to repair delays, loss of value for a sold or traded in vehicle, loss of vehicle by qualifying fire or qualifying failure of qualifying fire rebate), select “Request Arbitration” to start your claim now. Request Arbitration
If you would like to arbitrate your dispute against Hyundai, please call BBB National Programs at