Case #78-2022 – Monitoring Inquiry – H20 At Home
BBB NATIONAL PROGRAMS
The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council
Case Number: 78-2022 – Monitoring Inquiry – H20 At Home
H2O At Home (or the Company) is a multilevel marketing company headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania that offers consumers a line of non-toxic cleaning solutions.
Basis of Inquiry
The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (“DSSRC”) is a national advertising self-regulation program administered by BBB National Programs. This inquiry was commenced by DSSRC pursuant to its ongoing independent monitoring of advertising and marketing claims in the direct selling industry.
This inquiry concerns product claims by the Company’s salesforce members. The representative claims that formed the basis of this inquiry were located on the Facebook accounts of Company salesforce members. Those claims are set forth below:
- “H2O at Home dropped into my life at that time and I'm so glad I jumped in because it has replaced my income in less than 12 months and brought a new passion into my life I didn't know I had.”
- “Earn unforgettable trips to paradise.”
- “Want to have a business that is amazing and gives you the financial freedom you've always wanted!!!”
- “When you shop my home business, you’re supporting a stay at home mom, allowing my kids to be homeschooled, giving us financial freedom”
- “Did you know that an extra $300.00 per month into a house hold can save 50% of marriages in the US?”
- “Everyday I have the opportunity to help others. Not to mention the financial freedom it has given me”
- “The company actually WANTS me to do well, make as much money as I want 💸 and be rewarded with an incentive trip! 🏝️”
- “Its great for people who want to make extra money or even make this into a full time gig”
- “YOU can determine how YOU want your business to look: a hobby, part-time, full-time (which is still part-time hours!)”
DSSRC informed the Company of its concern that the social media posts appear to communicate that that salesforce members typically earn significant income from the H20 At Home business opportunity.
Shortly after its receipt of the DSSRC Notice of Inquiry, the Company informed DSSRC that, in March, H2O at Home announced that it is closing the business effective on June 30, 2022, and that it has frozen the ability to sponsor or share the opportunity.
This information is consistent with the information currently provided on the Company website.
Based on the foregoing, DSSRC administratively closed this inquiry as the Company is no longer engaged in direct selling in the United States.
(Case #78-2022, closed on 6/30/2022)
© 2022 BBB National Programs