Case #59-2022 – Government Referral – BE Rules, a/k/a BE Factor, f/k/a Melius
BBB NATIONAL PROGRAMS, INC.
The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council
Case Number: 59-2022 – Government Referral – BE Rules, a/k/a BE Factor, f/k/a Melius
BE Rules, a/k/a BE Factor, f/k/a Melius (“BE” or the “Company”) is a multi-level direct selling company that markets forex and cryptocurrency trading package subscriptions. BE Rules is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and also maintains offices in India and the United Kingdom. The Company maintains a Facebook page, an Instagram page, a company website, and its marketing materials are accessible by consumers in the United States.
From 2018 through and May 2020, Melius offered three trading package subscriptions:
- Melius Adventure – Forex Mastery Course, trading strategies, analysis daily live sessions and a video library, $450 for 90 days
- Melius Escape – blockchain course, coin analysis, weekly coin magazine, daily live cryptocurrency trading sessions and a video library, $450 for 90 days
- Melius Experience – combines Melius Adventure and Melius Escape, $600 for 90 days, $999 for 180 days or $1800 for 365 days
Included with any Melius subscription was an iGoTrade app, through which affiliates can set trade with signals provided by Melius.
Melius also marketed a “GoPro Forex” program priced at $3,000 for a 90-day subscription.
BE’s website domain (“befactor.com”) was acquired on March 26th, 2020. The Company rebranded as BE Factor on or about June 2020.
BE Factor markets two subscription services, which are also bundled together as “Elite.” The first service is called “Live.” A Live subscription provides access to a travel discount portal, call/chat app, rideshare app, payment platform and business building app. The price points for a “Live” subscription are as follows:
- Bronze Live – $199 and then $99 a month
- Silver Live – $499 and then $99 a month
- Gold Live – $799 and then $99 a month
The second service is called “Learn.”
A Learn subscription provides access to a trading app, “access to online learning resources”, a streaming platform and something called “Sense.” Sense was designed to connect “people, knowledge, and actions around the world.” The cost for a subscription to “Learn” are:
- Bronze Learn – $199 and then $149 a month
- Silver Learn – $499 and then $149 a month
- Gold Learn – $799 and then $149 a month
On December 2, 2020, Quebec’s Autorite Des Marches Financiers issued a fraud warning against Be Factor stating that “BE Factor entices people with the promise of acquiring wealth with little effort and no foreign exchange or cryptocurrency knowledge.”
Basis of Inquiry
This inquiry was commenced by DSSRC pursuant to its ongoing independent monitoring of advertising in the direct selling marketplace and concerns earnings claims disseminated by the Company and its salesforce members.
The representative claims that formed the basis of this inquiry are set forth below:
- “Catching over 3000 pips on a monthly basis for over the last 13 months at a 80% winning ratio is absolutely incredible and life changing making extra money copying and pasting these signals from Melius. Since I partnered up with @rumeal.beckford it’s been blessing after blessing and everyday gets better because you get to help, teach, mentor other people around you and help everyone else achieve this type of financial freedom and new lifestyle that 90% of Americans aren’t used to.
Just blessed beyond what I can explain right now and excited for this Diamond 💎 season of 2020. DM if you want to secure a spot up top 500 fortune.
#Melius #iGoTrade #iGoLuxe #iRide #Invest #Lifestyle #ForexTrading #ForexMarket #Forex #Profit #Boss #Bitcoin #Crypto #Entrepreneur #Money #ForexSignals #DayTrading #Money #CurrencyTrader #Investor #Trading #CryptoCurrency #LifeSkill #2020”
- “This is our first steps towards financial freedom…we are proud to be the first two Mauritians to be promoted by Melius…the journey has begun and we shall help more people to achieve success together”
- “Welcome to earn money it's easy to come to profit with an amazing app with Melius, you will be rich”
- “Easy Money
📲 One App - #igotrade
#melius #igotrade #igolearn #igoluxe #iRide #triva #travel #technology #BossYourTradeUp #PipAssassins #MalStreetAcademy #Invest #forextrading #Forex #Profit #Boss #Bitcoin #Crypto #Entrepreneur #Money #ForexSignals #Investor #Trading #lifestyle #life #Hawaii #HawaiiWarriors #LadyBoss #lipstickgang💄💋”
- YouTube video titled “Melius Testimonial of the power of residual income” with description stating: “Melius is a phenomonal educational platform which is impacting millions of lives worldwide. melius trading strategies are highly effective if you have the right mentors who will support you. This melius review will teach you how to generate traffic and leads to dominate the market. melius finance are a group of wealthy partners on a global mission. melius is certainly not a scam and their is a viable melius opportunity for you and your family to live full time. So when you think of multiplying your money thinkmelius. Melius has several cutting edge products including igotrade, igolearn, traders gemini and igoluxe. In order for you to access the tools just login to the melius store and immediately start profiting by leveraging the pips master via the melius back office and melius shop. In order for you to be successful in Melius contact Nathan today to show you how to explode your income with the melius presentation, and melius compensation plan. Make this year, the year that truly counts and become a wealthy investor utilising melius forex, melius crypto, and become of the next biggest melius success stories. Melius”
- “I am so excited to be apart of this financial movement to assist others to see money differently...Financial Freedom is the Movement!!! 🤩❤♀️💥
#MillionaireMindset #FinancialFreedon #CashFlow #Wealth”
- “This is a remarkable achievement for us at MELIUS. Im so excited right now. Being recognized by silicon valley is so meaning that we are now also verified and certified company that is at par with companies like Google Yahoo, Bing, Facebook, and others at silicon valley CA and the beauty is that we are very at the beginning still.. happy to part of this one. ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING COMPANIES IN 2019!!🚀🚀🚀
See you start the top with this company. If you know uno. If you don't know, then ask me. Start your financial Freedom right here with Melius”
- Image of trading statement with copy stating “This is how I can make money just like banks...by trading foreign currency…”
- “💰💰 Another Source of Income...Think Multiple Streams of Income 💰💰
🌐 The Leaders of Melius would love to show you how to start making income from your home...All you need is a 📱 or 🖥 by using Melius innovative technology and platform 🌐
✅ Learn to Forex Trade 📉 using Melius IGoLearn e-Learning platform and IGoTrade, the trading autotrader.
✅ Offer Traveling Options via IGoLuxe: An innovative app that's a travel search engine for you and your customers
✅ Coming Soon: Learn to build a profitable E-commerce store from the experts
✅ Residue Income by sharing these amazing opportunities via Melius to create income and financial freedom
✅ Team Connection with Like-minded people that's hungry and focused to make a difference in their lives and others.
Learn recession proof financial concepts so the 9 to 5 job does not have your future in their hands...Learn financial literacy and how to build a business by helping others to seek financial freedom...Let's Go to GROW!!! 🤩❤💥
🌐 Be MELiUS and Be More 🌐”
- “🌐 📉📱Team Melius is doing a Get Together Again at 8pm EST on Zoom...Our Movement is Financial Freedom 📱📉🌐”
- Image of article titled “Pier-Olivier Larose Achieves $140,000+ Monthly Income with MELiUS”
DSSRC expressed its concern that such earnings claims convey the message that participants in the Company’s business opportunity can generally expect to earn significant and career-level income
Company’s Non-Participation in the DSSRC Process
When DSSRC commenced its investigation, it could not find a traditional mailing address, email address or telephone number for BE Rules, BE Factor or Melius on any websites or social media feeds. Subsequently, DSSRC was able to identify Jeremy Prasetyo as the CEO and Founder of Melius along with a Company email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to section (II)(4) of the DSSRC Policies and Procedures, DSSRC first brought the representative claims and issues identified above to the Company’s attention by sending a Notice of Inquiry to Jeremy Prasetyo’s attention at email@example.com on November 11, 2021. A second attempt was made to contact the Company by email on November 15. Neither of the two referenced emails bounced-back to DSSRC which would indicate that the correspondence was received.
After the Company failed to provide a response within 15 business days, a 10-Day notice was emailed to the Company on December 15, 2021 indicating that, if the Company failed to provide a response to DSSRC regarding the claims and issues within 10 business days, the matter would be referred to the appropriate government agency. Notwithstanding the additional opportunity to respond to DSSRC’s inquiry, the Company again failed to respond.
After sending the aforementioned correspondence to the Company, DSSRC became aware of another website for the Company (www.berules.com) which included additional earnings claims (e.g., “With BE, your freedom and growth are limitless. Whether part-time or full-time, you have a chance to earn residual income, or your dream car, or travel the world for free through our incentive trip program.”) and several lavish lifestyle depictions. Moreover, on the berules.com website, the Company falsely implies that it is a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA) by displaying a copy of the DSA Code of Ethics and noting that “all IBIs [Independent Brand Influencers] of BE are required to abide by the latest version of the DSA Code of Ethics.” The berules.com website did list a contact email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, when DSSRC attempted to email the Company copies of all previous correspondence regarding the inquiry, it received a bounce-back message stating “The message you sent to email@example.com couldn’t be delivered. Recipient email address is possibly incorrect. The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.”
Notwithstanding all of the opportunities to respond to DSSRC’s inquiry, the Company failed to reply. DSSRC has confirmed that all of the subject claims remain active and accessible to the public.
As stated in the DSSRC Guidance on Earnings Claims for the Direct Selling Industry, it is misleading for a direct selling company and/or its salesforce members to make any earnings claims unless the direct selling company and/or its salesforce members have a reasonable basis for its claim at the time the claim is made; and have documentation that substantiates the claim at the time the claim is made.
Despite DSSRC exercising its due diligence in attempting to contact the Company, the Company did not respond to the self-regulatory inquiry. In accordance with section (II)(9) of the DSSRC Policies and Procedures, in the event the company whose marketing is the subject of a DSSRC inquiry fails to participate in the self-regulatory process, DSSRC may refer the matter to an appropriate government agency for review and possible law enforcement action.
Accordingly, based upon the Company’s failure to respond to the self-regulatory inquiry, DSSRC referred this matter to the Federal Trade Commission.
(Case No. 59-2022 closed on 1/14/22)
© 2022. BBB National Programs
 Melius had been previously registered in Nevada.
 See https://lautorite.qc.ca/en/general-public/media-centre/news/fiche-dactualites/beware-of-offers-from-be-factor
 See the DSSRC Guidance on Earnings Claims for the Direct Selling Industry; https://bbbnp-bbbp-stf-use1-01.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/default-source/dssrc/dssrc_guidanceonearningsclaimsforthedirectsellingindustry_2020.pdf?sfvrsn=4ecfcd36_6