Case #65-2022 – Government Referral – FutureNet, Inc.
BBB NATIONAL PROGRAMS, INC.
The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council
Case Number: 65-2022 – Government Referral – FutureNet, Inc.
FutureNet, Inc. (“FutureNet” or the “Company”) is a multi-level direct selling company offering online platforms and networking services. The Company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Wroclaw, Poland.
FutureNet offers the following products:
- FutureNet Travel
This is the travel portal of the company and offers discounts to members.
- FutureNet Academy
This platform provides skills training for members.
- FutureNet Social Media
This productconnects and shares ideas amongst members.
- FutureNet PowerApp
This tool assists members in global innovation.
- FutureNet Talk
This is a special messenger that is exclusive to members of the network that allows for texting and calling and creating new contacts that can shared with other FutureNet members.
This is a cryptocurrency program launched by the Company in 2018.
Basis of Inquiry
The Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (“DSSRC”) is a national advertising self-regulation program administered by BBB National Programs.
This inquiry concerns earnings claims disseminated by FutureNet salesforce members. The representative claims that formed the basis of this inquiry are set forth below:
- “This is called passive income !!! Futurenet futuro coin futureadpro only give the opportunity.”
- Image depicting account balance “$357,930.835” and the payout history of one month, a total of 5 payments of “$50,000.00”
- Video titled “Futurenet Passive Income $126000 with NO Recruiting!” with description stating “"While Facebook never paid you a lucky penny, my friend just made over $126,000 in 6 months without telling a single person about it!" - J. Ryan Conley
#FutureNet | #FutureNetPowerMatrix | #UnlimitedLife”
- “FutureNet revolution is underway in South Africa; climb in now and create real and sustainable passive income for yourself”
- “Futurenet, A social media platform that has three income streams! a Reward Program, a Passive Income & Futuro Coins!”
- “Make Full-Time #Income On Part-Time Effort. HUGE #Residual Income EVERY SINGLE MONTH. https://ineedthis.putwalletaway.com/ #mlm #Leads”
- Image with copy stating “What You Can Earn MONTHLY With The Conversion Pros On ACTIVE MEMBERSHIPS You Refer” listing the highest amount as “$10,000 Per Month”
- “Want to know about Futurenet contact me and get financial freedom by investing from as little as $10 you can inbox me also”
- “Come on to Futurenet for your Financial Freedom”\
“Ready for astronomical income levels? FutureNet is the space to shuttle to financial freedom!”
“Want financial freedom, join me on futurenet”
Company’s Non-Participation in the DSSRC Process
Despite the fact that the social media posts are accessible in the United States, DSSRC could find little contact information for Future.net. Although the Company does have a website, www.futurenet.club, there is no email address or telephone number provided for consumer or business inquiries.
DSSRC was able to find contact information for a company named FutureNet, Inc. located in Santa Clarita, California. DSSRC brought the representative claims and issues identified above to the Company’s attention by sending a Notice of Inquiry by USPS 2-day mail to FutureNet at this address on January 20, 2022.
When DSSRC tried to call the telephone number associated with the address, it received a message that the telephone number was no longer in service.
After the Company failed to provide a response within 15 business days, DSSRC continued its efforts to contact the Company. After not receiving a response to its Notice of Inquiry, a 10-day notice was mailed to FutureNet on February 28, 2022 indicating that, if the Company failed to provide a response to DSSRC regarding the claims and issue within 10 business days, the matter would be referred to the appropriate government agency.
Notwithstanding the additional opportunity to respond to DSSRC’s inquiry, the Company again failed to reply. DSSRC has also confirmed that all of the subject claims remain active and accessible to the public.
Referral to Government
DSSRC determined that a number of aggressive earnings claims are being disseminated by FutureNet salesforce members on social media, including claims communicating that participants in the Company’s business opportunity can generally expect to earn significant income, passive income, and achieve financial freedom. All such claims appear unsupported.
As stated in the DSSRC Guidance on Earnings Claims for the Direct Selling Industry, it is misleading for a direct selling company and/or its salesforce members to make any earnings claims unless the direct selling company and/or its salesforce members have a reasonable basis for its claim at the time the claim is made and have documentation that substantiates the claim at the time the claim is made.
DSSRC remains concerned with the earnings claims that were communicated by the Company’s salesforce members. In accordance with section (II)(9) of the DSSRC Policies and Procedures, in the event the company whose marketing is the subject of a DSSRC inquiry fails to participate in the self-regulatory process, DSSRC may refer the matter to an appropriate government agency for review and possible law enforcement action.
Accordingly, based upon FutureNet’s failure to respond to the self-regulatory inquiry, DSSRC referred this matter to the Federal Trade Commission.
(Case No. 65-2022. Closed on March 25, 2022)
© 2022. BBB National Programs
 See the DSSRC Guidance on Earnings Claims for the Direct Selling Industry; https://bbbnp-bbbp-stf-use1-01.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/default-source/dssrc/dssrc_guidanceonearningsclaimsforthedirectsellingindustry_2020.pdf?sfvrsn=4ecfcd36_6