National Advertising Division (NAD)
The initial submission is limited to 20 pages, double spaced (excluding exhibits). Challenges are commenced with an opening letter. The opening letter should:
- List the claims challenged
- Explain why the claims are misleading
- Attach any available evidence that demonstrates the claims are misleading including testing, studies, research or surveys
- Link to the challenged advertising or provide copies if advertising not available digitally
Filing fees cover some of the administrative costs associated with the advertising review process. Filing fee waivers or partial waivers are still available if economic hardship is demonstrated. Challenges made by companies and/or competitors shall be filed together with a filing fee.
Current NAD Standard Track Filing Fees
- Under $250M: $10,000
- National Partner: $25,000
- Under $5B: $30,000
- Over $5B: $35,000
The filing fees should be accompanied by a statement indicating the category into which the challenger’s gross annual revenue falls. In the case of a subsidiary, the filing fee is determined by the gross annual revenue of the parent company.
Mail your letter and supporting materials to:
112 Madison Avenue
New York, NY