Standard Track challenges are broad and open to all national advertising claim in any media.
Procedures set default timelines for submissions in which cases should conclude within 4-6 months.
Initiating a Case
Standard Track challenges should be submitted via the NAD Challenge Portal, but you may also submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Standard Track submissions are limited to 20 pages and are commenced with an opening letter. For more information, refer to the NAD/NARB procedures.
The opening letter should:
- List the claims challenged
- Explain why the claims are misleading
- Attach any available evidence that demonstrates the claims are misleading including testing, studies, research or surveys
- Link to the challenged advertising or provide copies if advertising not available digitally
Filing fees cover some of the administrative costs associated with the advertising review process. Filing fee waivers or partial waivers are available if economic hardship is demonstrated.
Current Standard Track Filing Fees
- National Partner: $25,000
- Non-National Partner Under $250M: $10,000
- Non-National Partner Under $5B: $30,000
- Non-National Partner Over $5B: $35,000
The filing fees should be accompanied by a statement indicating the category into which the challenger’s gross annual revenue falls. In the case of a subsidiary, the filing fee is determined by the gross annual revenue of the parent company.