Join Our Exclusive Network of Business Leaders
The National Partner Program is an exclusive network of leading businesses, law firms, and associations dedicated to advancing marketplace trust. National Partners commit to influencing industry behaviors with their peers and engaging consumers on a national scale by championing:
- Industry self-regulation
- Ethical business practices
- Truth and accuracy in advertising
National Partner Program Overview
The National Partner Program plays a critical role in protecting consumers and building a more trustworthy marketplace—from ensuring truth and accuracy in national advertising to advancing best practices in privacy, food marketing, and online behavioral advertising.
National Partner Programs
National Partners collaborate with BBB National Programs to build industry self-regulation programs that encourage innovation and competition while minimizing the need for government intervention. National Partners have access to unique and valuable programs designed to resolve business issues and advance shared industry objectives.
- National Advertising Division (NAD) – Provides national advertisers with an effective, low-cost, and timely process for resolving advertising truth and accuracy disputes outside of the court system.
- Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) – Protects children by reviewing and evaluating child-directed advertising in all media and online privacy practices. When ads or practices are found to be misleading, inaccurate, or inconsistent with CARU’s guidelines, CARU seeks change through the voluntary cooperation of advertisers.
- BBB EU Privacy Shield – Helps U.S. companies demonstrate that their privacy practices meet EU and Swiss data protection requirements and promotes greater transparency around data collection, use, and sharing.
- Children’s Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative (CFBAI) – Encourages healthier dietary choices and healthy lifestyles by shifting the mix of foods and beverages advertised primarily to children.
- Children’s Confection Advertising Initiative (CCAI) – Promotes responsible advertising to children under 12 and commits participants to not engage in child-directed advertising or to advertise in elementary schools.
- Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) – Monitors the U.S. direct selling industry and enforces strict business principles and industry standards on issues such as product and earning representations.
- Online Archive – Exclusive collection of more than 6,000 legal decisions containing detailed analysis of the truth and accuracy of national advertising claims.
- Online Interest-Based Advertising Accountability Program (Accountability Program) – Provides uniform standards and independent third-party enforcement on the collection and use of data in online interest-based advertising.
- BBB AUTO LINE – Helps businesses and consumers resolve automotive warranty disputes in a timely, cost-effective manner.
National Partner Benefits
National Partners support BBB National Program's work as the leading voice for industry self-regulation, and in turn, they receive the following benefits:
- Significant discounts on NAD advertising challenge filing fees
- Preferred pricing on NAD and CARU Conference sponsorships
- Exclusive pricing on Online Archive subscriptions
- Electronic copies of current NAD and CARU case reports delivered 10 times a year
- Special registration pricing for NAD and CARU conferences
- Opportunities to participate in exclusive National Partner Workshops
- Access to BBB National Program's experts in the areas of privacy, advertising, food marketing, and industry self-regulation
Current National Partners
View a list of all current National Partners:
Become a National Partner
The National Partner Program represents an exclusive group of organizations looking to advance marketplace trust, influence industry behavior, and engage with consumers, government regulators, and peers on a national scale. Partners must go through a rigorous evaluation process before being voted on and confirmed by the BBB National Programs’ Board of Directors.
If your organization is committed to building a trustworthy marketplace for consumers and businesses through industry self-regulation, we welcome you to apply to become a National Partner today.
Contact BBB National Programs at NationalPartners@bbbnp.org to learn more about the National Partner Program.